If you wish to keep your smile flaws, it is important to prepare for any oral health hazards that could occur. By planning for any avoiding common dental hazards and risks that seek to destroy your smile, you can greatly increase your chances for a long-lasting safe smile that can continue to function effectively. For some tooth hazard prevention tips and tricks, see below:
– Protect your smile against teeth-grinding disorders including bruxism by wearing night plates and bite guards.
– Unhealthy habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco greatly increase your risk for oral health disorders including tooth discoloration, gum disease, and oral cancer.
– If you are involved in any contact sports, make sure to use the appropriate safety equipment to protect your mouth and jaw from damage.
– Be mindful of any hazardous objects that may find their way into your mouth, including inadvertently chewing on pens and pen caps, as well as chewing on your nails.
– Sugar is a key contributor to tooth decay, so avoid or limit your intake as much as possible.
– Avoid opening objects with your mouth, as this is an easy way to break your teeth or damage your gums.
– Be mindful of the dangers of mouth jewelry. Numerous types of lip and mouth piercings are made of hard substances that can easily crack or chip our teeth. Furthermore, they can break off and cause infections, gum damage, and even become choking hazards.
If you would like to experience the life-changing transformation that our oral health care treatments can provide, please stop by Madison Dental Spa for an oral exam from Dr. Moumen Almouzayn and our team at our amazing dentist facility in Madison, Connecticut. Schedule your visit by calling us at 203.245.5101. We look forward to seeing you smile bright this season!