Plaque is one of those nasty substances that no matter how much we try to wash it away, it always ends up showing back up, which is a problem because plaque can lead to several problems with your oral health including dental erosion and cavities. Fortunately, several tools are available to always help you minimize the risk of plaque buildup. The following is a list of the health risks associated with plaque buildup and tools you can use to keep your smile safe:
– Plaque buildup typically arises due to poor oral hygiene. To help eliminate plaque, always make sure you are cleaning your mouth effectively.
– If left untreated, plaque buildup can lead to serious oral health risks including tooth death.
– Underlying ailments such as gum disease can arise due to plaque.
– In the case of cavities, plaque is often one of the number one causes of their existence due to the fact they can convert substances in your mouth into harmful acids that will chew through your tooth enamel.
– If plaque is not treated in time, it will harden into a material known as tartar, which can be difficult to wash away without professional help.
– To help ensure plaque buildup is not occurring, visit your dentist for routine checkups.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a fantastic smile with plaque prevention and treatment, schedule an appointment with Madison Dental Spa at our dental office in Madison, Connecticut, by calling 203.245.5101. Dr. Moumen Almouzayn and the rest of our team look forward to seeing you.